Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 6.0 --Send & Receive error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruma55

Technical User
May 7, 2002
US
Computer is:

Windows 2000
Running OE 6.0 (upgraded from 5.5)
Running Norton 2002
Zone Alarm
Outlook Express 6.0

I can't send or receive messages thru OE 6.0. I can access newsgroups through OE. I get the error as shown below. Is there a Norton conflict? I have turned off the firewall and Norton. I can access the email from other programs, i.e., Eudora. Outlook Express worked fine when I was with previous version.

Thx.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C012E

By any chance are your .DBX files marked as Read-Only or any chance you are short on disk space where the files are located? That error code means OE is having problems starting up the mail account if I remember correctly. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

This does indeed sound like a problem with the DBX files, however, I dont think it is the read only problem as this would usually result in OE not starting at all. It could be that the folders are missing or corrupted.

I would suggest a re-installation of OE!

The .dbx read only was the problem. I changed them all and it works!! Thanks for your input on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back