Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K - SOME Annual Events Span 2 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2006
US
A while ago (year+?) SOME (but definitely not all) birthdays that were created via the Contacts\Details tab started showing up as an 'all day' 2-day event with a clock icon appearing in the event entry to the left of the person's name ON their actual birthday & a clock icon appearing in the event entry to the right of the person's name the day AFTER their birthday.

I DO sync with a Palm Pilot & have verified that the DST as well as time & date settings on both are exactly the same. Regardless, this wouldn't explain why it happens to some, but not all, birthdays. And note that this does not occur with anniversaries that were created via the Contacts\Details tab!

I'm baffled. Any thoughts?

In case anyone encounters the same issue I got the cause & fix (thanks MS Newsgroups!):

Cause: At some point the time zone was changed. And then eventually changed back. Yearly occurances that were created during that interim period are those that spanned 2 days. That's why it was affecting some, but not all yearly occruances.

Fix: I changed the bday to an 11hr event. Hit Apply,
Save & Close, etc. Reopened the bday, changed it back to a 1 day event & those stupid little clocks are gone & it's back to only showing up on the 1 day! HEAVEN! Apparently there is a 'time zone tool' out there but I didn't try that since this manual method worked beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back