Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K receiving problem... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordRay

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
CA
Hello,
Here's the situation...I have approx. 150 clients using Outlook 2000 & 2002 from an Exchange 5.5 (sp4) server. I have 3 clients who are complaining that their newly received emails are not showing up until they either click on an old email or if they go to another folder (i.e. deleted items). As soon as they switch back, they are notified that a new email has arrived. I thought this to be strange and the Microsoft Exchange forum has not been usefull at all. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ray

Hi Smorgan11,

Yes, all of my clients have the office updates installed. Who knoows, maybe that's the problem? However, everyone has the updates but only those 3 clients are having difficulties.

Regards,
Ray

Hi Sawedoff!

Cool handle! Anyways, thanks for your help. I have disabled the XP firewall on those clients who are experiening difficulties. So far, it seems to be working. The only problem I have with that is the fact that the rest of my clients have their firewalls on and they are not having any problems. Would you happen to know the reason for this?

Thanks in advance!
Ray

I haven't a clue on that one, except that PCs can always keep us guessing by their exceptions. Glad you have them working again.

(The handle was a natural, since the top of my head is only 5ft off the ground. People assume I had myself shortened.)

Sawedoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back