Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2k freeze 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kansasduo

MIS
Apr 22, 2003
US
I dont know why but I can no longer open outlook 2000. It opens the splash screen and then freezes the computer? I did have incredimail for outlook on the systym but uninstalled it(removed all traces I could find). All other office apps seem ok. Running windows 98se 1.8gig proc 512 ram 30 gig hd.I really dont know if this incredhell thing did it but have my concerns.I would really appreciate any help!

Following was pulled from a post in the Google archives - Try these options, though I would personally try finding and renaming the outcmd.dat file first before running through this lot. If it doesn't work after that, then try these as listed:-

Close outlook, find and delete all these files in a single attempt:
outcmd.dat
extend.dat
frmcache.dat

Now try and launch Outlook normally, Do you still have the same problem?

If yes, then go to start > run > type "outlook /safe", hit ok, same problem?
if not then some add in may be the cause of this issue.
go to outlook > tools > options > other > instant message > uncheck the
related box to disable instant messaging, then click on advanced options >
add ins manager > enable/disable add ins here one by one, restart outlook,
try to find the faulty add in in this way.

Regards
Ken..................

I did what you said and renamed outcmd.dat BINGO! works like a charm Thanks a million

Good stuff - and very much appreciate the feedback - all helps for the next time someone asks.

Regards
Ken...............

Do you have FIND FAST installed if you do that may be your problem!!!!!!!!! It gave me fits!!!! Dan1mel Good luck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back