Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2016 will not play custom sound for new email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
Not the biggest problem in the world, but I want my custom new email sound.

Windows 10 Professional. I updated the new mail sound in Control Panel, Sound, Sounds tab. I picked the .wav file I wanted and tested it. The test works fine, but outlook is not playing this sound, it is playing the default sound.

I think is somehow related the the Mail//Calendar app that comes with Windows 10. For example I was emailed a meeting invite and the details were in the usual .ics file. Normally I would double click this and it would add it to my outlook calendar, but instead it opens up this stupid Mail?calendar app. I am thinking the sound I am getting is somehow coming from there.

Frankly I'd like to uninstall this Mail\Calendar app but I can't see how to do it.

Any insight on either of those appreciated

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

forum1828 or forum68 for OS or MS Office problems.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back