Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2016 thumbnail photos & OAB oddness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I recently changed the default SMTP address for my small Exchange 2013 deployment. I noticed shortly after that when clicking the 'File' ribbon in Outlook 2016 to show the various options, the 'Account Settings' now shows the blank photo image with the 'Change' button below it. If you click change and go to the OWA page the photo is correctly displayed. Also opening the GAL and opening specific users as well as myself it shows the correct photo.
If I close outlook and delete the OAB files and then open it again and resync the address book the photo is displayed in the Account Settings page. However at some point later it goes back to the blank photo.
I get the same behaviour on several Windows 10 PCs. If I change Outlook to non-cached mode the photo displays every time.
I have checked and the photos are there in the HR96x96 and HR640x640 folders in Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\photos\_DOMAIN-GUID on the Exchange server.

Its not service affecting, its just annoying. Any ideas why I would see this behaviour purely on the Account Settings page?

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back