Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2013 One-X Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidshokk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
GB
Hi

Got Avaya looking at this but figured it could be a race :)

Finally got Call Assistant Outlook plugin working in Outlook 2013 after upgrading to V9, however having a couple of issues. On one particular PC the plugin never finds any of the users contacts to import. Its one of the directors so think they have a hell of a lot of contacts however after leaving the upload window open all night it never finds any.

Also, and more importantly, we are yet to get Outlook contact popping working. As far as we can get is getting an orange outlook taskbar notification when a call comes in, but when you maximise outlook nothing is displayed. CLI is definitely presented and all 3 CLI Popping options enabled in call assistant settings.

Anyone seen either of the problems above and got them resolved?

For the screen popping, have you checked the contacts don't have +44 or 0044 in front of them.

As for accessing the contacts is it popping anything up when one x trys to read them?

ACSS SMEC
APSS SMEC
ACA IP Telephoney Implement

Just tested it with my own handset and outlook 2013. Put my mobile number into a new contact without +44 or 0044, called my DDI with outlook plugin logged in and nothing at all happened in outlook. One-x baloon popped up with name and number as normal. I'm using Office 365 but I'm guessing that wouldnt make a difference. The customer is using exchange and theirs doesn't pop contacts either.

When importing the contacts no message is received at all. I literally just click upload outlook contacts, wait few minutes and window shows where you normally select contacts to import, no contacts show for any of options available in contact type drop down. Call assistant was uninstalled and reinstalled as Administrator but made no difference. Only seen this issue on one PC.

Has anyone seen Outlook 2013 pop contacts? I'd wish Avaya would just say it doesnt work yet if not...

liquidshokk,

did you solve you problem with pop-up in Outlook 2013. I've have the same issue.
customer has Win 7 PRO (64bit) and MS Outlook 2013 (32bit).

ACIS-SME

Hi VanZenden

No not found a resolution yet. I figure its a case of Avaya haven't got it to work with Outlook 2013 yet but just won't admit it.

Same with IM notifications for minimised windows (including call assistant window). They don't exist unless you use firefox and install the tab notifier add-on

@liquidshokk Did you ever find a solution to the issue of not finding any contacts to import in the plug in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back