Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTLOOK 2013 Call Pilot Desktop Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

teledesigns

Vendor
Apr 4, 2014
US
Hi I am posint this here and on the Call Pilot forum.

Avaya has told me that they know of the problem with Outlook 2013 and the Desk Top Messaging. They have said they have been aware of it for sometime now but they are not offering a new release anytime soon!

Does anyone know why they will not take care of this important issuse right away. As my cusotmers are upgrading over to Outlook 2013 I am steadly getting more and more complaints. This is very serious and urgent problem that Avaya should take care of this is interupting business with clients. We are already into 2013 this problme goes all the way back to last year.

Does anyone know why that are dragging their feet on this or how to impress to Avaya to resolve this. I mean they are still supporting the Call Pilots until 2018 from what I hear.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

So what's the problem exactly - I'm running Outlook 2013 along with about 200 other users in the company, no issues as long as you don't use the combine inbox.

If you are running CP 5.1 install Service Update 2 (SU02), this will resolve your outlook 2013 issues.
see document here:
Desktop Messaging:
New compatibility with Windows 8 Operating System
New compatibility with Microsoft Outlook 2013 (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
Improved operation and user experience when listening to longer messages via client
Enhanced guardrails to prevent installing/upgrading desktop messaging 64-bit with
Outlook 32-bit
The following required generally available PEPs must be applied to all 5.1 solutions:
PEP ID Description
CP0501SU002S CallPilot 5.1 / Service Update 2 (SU002) server component.
CP501S02G08C
CallPilot Manager (05.01.02.05) required for use with
CallPilot 5.1 and installed on CallPilot server and/or optional
stand-alone web server for Reporter.
CP501S02G02A
Application Builder (05.01.02.02): Required for use with
CallPilot 5.1; installed on client PC.
CPSECPEP016S
CallPilot Server Security Update #16 (includes Microsoft
hotfixes up to MS13-066 and other OS/Application security
hardening. Requires PEP CPSECPEPSP2S_v02.
CPSECPEPSP2S_v02
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server/Service Pack 2 (SP2). Not
applicable to 202i and 1006r servers as is preinstalled/
included in server image.
CP501_Desktop_05.01.02.06
Desktop PC client version 5.01.02.06: includes support for
the latest groupware and OS environments in both 32-bit and
64-bit editions
CP501_MyCallPilot_05.01.02.06
CallPilot server and/or web-server component: My CallPilot
version 5.01.02.06 includes support for latest OS and
browser versions

We are on Outlook 2010, and I finally gave up on Desktop Messaging because of multiple issues. I didn't know that combined inbox was a known issue. With separate inbox, they won't get the voice mail on a mobile device, correct? Which, to me, defeats the whole purpose of "anytime, anywhere" voice mails.

We use MFR (Message Forwarding Rule), everyone get their message as a wave file on their mobile devices and stil have outlook and DTM working just fine. If the users have DTM capability then they have MFR, unless you have a release that's before MFR was available.

What exactly are you seeing for problems? I have a customer that is telling me that the software says that it is not compatible with OutLook 2013. I haven't been onsite yet to see for myself.

I have the following PEPs loaded on my CP 5.1 HA server and it runs fine with 64 bit windows 8 and office 2013 64 bit.

PEP ID Description
CP0501SU002S CallPilot 5.1 / Service Update 2 (SU002) server component.
CP501S02G08C
CallPilot Manager (05.01.02.05) required for use with
CallPilot 5.1 and installed on CallPilot server and/or optional
stand-alone web server for Reporter.
CP501S02G02A
CPSECPEP016S
CallPilot Server Security Update #16 (includes Microsoft
hotfixes up to MS13-066 and other OS/Application security
hardening. Requires PEP CPSECPEPSP2S_v02.
CPSECPEPSP2S_v02
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server/Service Pack 2 (SP2). Not
applicable to 202i and 1006r servers as is preinstalled/
included in server image.
CP501_Desktop_05.01.02.06
Desktop PC client version 5.01.02.06: includes support for
the latest groupware and OS environments in both 32-bit and
64-bit editions
CP501_MyCallPilot_05.01.02.06
CallPilot server and/or web-server component: My CallPilot
version 5.01.02.06 includes support for latest OS and
browser versions.
CP500_HighAvailability
1005r or 1006r H/A servers only: latest EMC software
(EMC5.3.3 (SP3) and EMC_Hotfix).
EMC5.3.3
1005r or 1006r H/A servers only: EMC AutoStart 5.3 Service
Pack 3 (SP3).
CP1006r_FIRMWARE_1.3 1006r servers only: Firmware Upgrade Package Release 1.3
CP501S02G02A

What problems are you having?

I had problems when using Outlook 2010 and Windows 7. On some PCs, DeskTop Messaging (DTM) worked fine w/out any problems. On some, the messages started going into the Call Pilot Folder (w/out me directing them there). When I reset the messages to go into the Inbox, they would NOT pass to the user's PDA device.

I gave up and started using the Message Forwarding Rule.

A Tek-Tip Lover

I think there may be some confusion on this issue. I'm not sure if the initiator of this thread was aware of it or not (I wasn't until re-reading the comments on this thread), but I believe some of us are addressing different systems. I'm referencing CallPilot 100/150 for Norstar, the 5.1 server is a different device (for PBX). I am having problems with CallPilot 100/150 units using Desktop Messaging. When you try to load Desktop Messaging on a client user's PC, if they are running Outlook 2013, the install fails and it says "incompatible software". Is there any workaround with this, other than warning customers using Desktop Messaging? Is there a substitute third party product?

teledesigns has posted the exact same post twice for some reason.

See here:

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I'm also having the same problems with Outlook 2013 on a call pilot 150. I tried loading the new software from avaya but outlook keeps saying that the add ins application is running too slow and outlook disables it. I've never had these problems installing desktop messaging before. I have tried installing uninstalling rebooting but its just not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back