Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyck3

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
Ok, its me again, NOW What am I doing wrong?
I have Office 2007 installed on my laptop and for some reason, the applications hows the classic menu, not the ribbon menu....but if I open/reply to an email, the ribbon is present in the open message (cuz it comes from Word, I suspect). But the application itself shows the classic menu only and no options to switch.

I've seen addins on the web for switching to "classic" or to view both with an addin, but heck I can't get the classic to go away and GEt the ribbon, which I need to fix my RSS feeds cuz I have too many and if I nuke the folders, they come back.

ARGH!
Help!

LadyCK3
aka: Laurie :)

I think that it's normal for Outlook to show classic menus - there is no ribbon.

As for the rss feeds, it works like this I think:
you delete your subscriptions by going to: "Tools|Account Settings" and then the "rss feeds" tab. The folders will remain so that you don't lose any existing content. If you delete the folders then (after deleting the subscription), they'll stay deleted. If, as I suspect, you're just deleting the folders but not the subscription, then although you'll lose the cached content, new content will continue to be downloaded, hence your 'nuked' folders "come back".

Hope that helps.

Hey Hopelesslair...(or John or Jane) :)

I was unable, for some reason, to open the help file at home..but today at work, I opened the help file and found the data... I knew it had to be pretty easy... but was unable to locate the darn options.... I found it before readin gthis email.... but thanks so much for responding!!!!

LadyCK3
aka: Laurie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back