Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007-Update contacts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMooreJr

Instructor
Feb 6, 2006
US
I have a user that has roughly 100 contacts in Outlook 2007 for lets say "companyx" so in the contacts, of course the e-mails are jimsmith@companyx.com...

The company changed names...now they are companyy...

Does anyone know of a way to go into one contact change the email to jimsmith@companyy.com and have it change the other 99?? It's gonna be very tedious to change one by one....

Thanks for your help!

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

Yup, no problem.

Do you have any programming skills ?

It might me quicker to do this by hand. If you had 1000, or 5000, writing some code would save you some time, but you should be able to update 100 contacts about as fast as I could write, debug and test some code. Maybe an hour or so

Tyrone Lumley
SoCalAccessPro

Why not just export the contacts out to Excel, then do a replace of companyx.com with companyy.com?

Go back to Outlook, delete all the 'old' contacts and import the Excel file back into your contacts.

I just did it on my computer (running Outlook 2007) and the whole process took less than 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.....

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back