Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 revokes organizsr rights on a meeting planner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysAdminMike

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2008
US
In outlook 2007, one of my users sent out a meeting planner to two different distribution lists (and he is on both).

After he sends the meeting planner he gets 2 separate e-mails in his inbox about the meeting, both giving him only the option to click "No Response Required".

Then he goes to his calendar and it shows tenative, and he no longer has the right to cancel the meeting. If he chooses to delete the meeting he gets the option only to either "Send a cancellation to the organizer" or "delete without notifying the organizer" (those are not direct quotes, sorry, but you get the point).

Also, if you go to scheduling of that meeting it shows his name and it says he is the organizer.

Any ideas how he loses his status as organizer, or atleast the permissions to act as organizer?

Update:

My temporary solution is to have him expand all distribution groups and remove himself, but this is just a band-aid, and I am not a fan of band-aids.

Thanks,

Michael

Lilliabeth,

I have tried the solution you provided and am just waiting for him to close and re-open outlook. I probably will not know until Monday.

Thanks,

Michael

Lilliabeth,

I applied this fix, and sadly it did not resolve the issue. What happens is the first time he sends the meeting planner all is well. What happens later though is that he has to re-add a distribution group do to new employees or members of the group, and that is when he loses organizer privileges.

Thanks,

Michael

Just wondering if anyone else has any other thoughts or ideas to try.

Thanks,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back