Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 receives newsletters in plain text

Status
Not open for further replies.

davy2k

Technical User
Mar 18, 2007
JP
Hi All,
I just move a user's Files and settings to a new PC and since then she cannot receive email newsletters all emails are received in plain text.

I have checked the Tools --> Options --> Mail Format and "Compose in this message format" is set to HTML but this seems to be for outgoing messages only.

Is there a way to change the settings either in Exchange or Outlook for the user to be able to receive newsletters emails correctly.

Please any link/advice will be very helpful.

Two possibilities in Outlook:

1. Tools ->Trust Center then click on E-Mail Security. Under "Read as Plain Text" make sure that the check box is unchecked.

2. Also in the "Trust Center" under the "Automatic Download" area you can customize what can be automatically downloaded.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Thank you for your reply cmeagan656, I have checked and the "Read as Plain Text" is unchecked.

The issue I discovered is that our spam filter called Xeams sends out notifications containing possible emails that has been quarantined this is the only HTML email that is not displaying correctly other HTML emails are fine.

Another thing I noticed is that when I logged into OWA I get the same plain text view of the notification, but other users can view this same page in HTML format which I find strange. I have poked into Xeams interface to see where the issue is but to no avail. I sent support an email but they are yet to respond.

is there a way to change email format for a user in Exchange 2007??

Thank you for your envisaged help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back