Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 keeps saying server offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottWIT

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
US
I am a system admin and I have a strange issue with one of my users. She has Outlook 2007 and we run Exchange 2000. About every other day when she comes in she cannot get into outlook because it says the exchnage server is offline. She is the only person with this problem. I tried running a repair on outlook, reinstalling it, doing a system restore but the problem always comes back. Rebooting doesn't always fix the issue, either. I think there are corrupted Outlook files but wouldn't running a repair solve that? Any ideas??

found the issue.... several months back i unchecked the "use cached exchange mode" button due to another issue. this was causing the current problem so i put it back on cached mode. seems to be fixed now.

Well, in online mode, the client should still not have that problem. Enabling cached mode is likely just masking the problem.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back