Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 Empty Deleted Items on Exit not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I have Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 x64 PC. It is configured with three accounts - an Exchange 2007 mailbox, a POP3/SMTP account with an ISP and Hotmail. For the past few weeks I have noticed that the 'Empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting' setting is not working. When you exit Outlook it seems to exit very quickly with a brief flash of what I think used to be the dialogue box that should be displayed to empty the deleted items folder.
I have tried all kinds of things to get this to work again but have not suceeded. I can manually empty the folder by right-clicking and selecting empty but I would prefer it if this setting worked.
I have searched and searched and can't find a solution.

Any ideas?
Andy

Have you tried using the Office Diagnostics (formerly Detect & Repair) to see if that will correct your problem?

To access Office Diagnostics from OL2007 go Help ->Office Diagnostics and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Tried that earlier. It finds nothing wrong but the behaviour continues.....

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back