Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 delayed updating shared calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
My receptionist is using Outlook 2007 and I'm using Outlook 2016. I've created a shared calendar for vacations which the entire office has access to.
Yesterday someone added a vacation and the receptionist didn't see it until the end of the day. This seems to be only an issue with Outlook 2007 as I asked others who use Outlook 2016 in the office and they were able to see it right away. Is there a setting in 2007 I need to change so hers updates regularly just like everybody else's?

It might depend on her send/receive settings. Every time she closes and reopens Outlook it is forcing it to sync with Exchange. You should be able to check it in Options--Advanced--Send and receive. Mine has the check box to send immediately when connected, and within the Send and Receive options the calendar is included. I would guess hers is unchecked, or her calendar isn't included.

Otherwise you might want to see if there are sync errors listed in her account.

Try changing the Update/Refresh Rate for Outlook Calendar

Open Outlook
Go to Options
Find the Preferences Tab
Click on Calendar Options
Choose Free/Busy Options
Set the Update Interval to a time that suits your needs.

Use to face these issues a lot, but no more since started using the Enterprise E5 version for my entire team.

Hope this helps your issue.

Adrian G,
Hosted QuickBooks Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back