Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 cannot access calendar shared with a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpicker

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
We are running Exchange Server 2003. I want to be able to share my calendar with all members of an Active Directory distribution group. I configured my calendar share permissions to grant the distribution group Reviewer access.

Users running Outlook 2010 can see it just fine. However, those running Outlook 2007 get an error saying they don't have permission to open it. Granting permission to each person's user account rather than the group fixes the problem in 2007.

One user has 2 computers. His desktop runs Outlook 2007 while his laptop runs Outlook 2010. He can open my calendar from 2010, but 2007 tells him he doesn't have permission. Granting access to his user account instead of the group fixes the problem.

Clearly this is a problem with Outlook 2007 not recognizing group permissions. I don't want to go to every computer and grant everyone else permission to each calendar. Is there anything else I can do with Outlook 2007 to get it to recognize permissions granted to a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back