Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryRumson

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
We are currently using outlook 2003 and all the junk email
filters including all safe senders list. We also trust all
contacts. We have a user called "batchjob" however this
user is hidden from all contact list. When batchjob sends
an email it always goes to the junk e-mail folder. If we
try to put the name on the safe senders list outlook says
it must be in the form of *@domain.com. How can we have
this email sent to the inbox folder instead of junk email?

In the email you're trying to forward/reply,..., right click on the name batchjob and left click on properties. This will show you the exact email address batchjob@domain.com. You should be able to add this to your safe senders.

It is a local account to our domain and just says Batchjob. It is currently hidden from our address list. We do not want to unhide it.

Did you try to create a "rule" to send the messages from this user to a different folder? On any message from the user, right-click and select Create Rule. You can then specify which folder to send these messages to. I don't know if that will work, but it might be worth a try!

Jenny May

Yeah I did. It seems that the junk mail filters for outlook 2003 overrule the rules set up. I wonder if there is a way you can run the rules first and then have it filter for junk email.

I don't know if it is different in 2003. But, if you have a "rules wizard", you can highlight any of the rules and move it up or down accordingly. So, put the rule you created above the junk e-mail rule. Like I said, it may not work that way in 2003, but it could be worth a try.

Jenny May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back