Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 wont detect connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

manners

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
GB
Hello.

Outlook refuses to work Online on our network, even though the cable is plugged in. When it starts it goes straight into Offline and you have to hit send/Recieve to get any new mail. Then it goes back to working offline. I've recreated the profile and it still does the same thing. Offline access is enabled. Outlook is set to automatically detect the connection. Any ideas?

Thanks

maNNers

Is this on all machines or just one specific computer? What version of Exchange are you running?

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Open Outlook, go to Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup under Send/Receive the Send immediately when connected should be marked. Under the Send/Receive tab it should say All accounts online and offline.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back