Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 synch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanmatjac

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
GB
Dear all,

using Outlook 2003 and find that my inbox will not automatically synch when going off-line. I have had no issues prior to the upgrade - XP. It will work if you use "Synchronise this folder" which then gives you the correct amount of e-mails in your on-line and off-line folders but otherwise these figures do not tally. I have SP1 installed but still no joy. Any tips, bar waiting for SP2, greatly appreciated.

"Beware the normal people"

Intellisync does not work with Outlook 2003 either. They will fixed.

I'm not sure about the full-scale version of Intellisync, but I know Intellisync Lite has a patch available on their (Pumatech's) website. The patch has to be installed in a specific sequence in order to work. I ended up unstalling and re-installing everything, but it's working!

On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
In the list, click a group.
Do either or both of the following:
Set up online synchronization

Under When Outlook is online, select the check boxes that you want:
To automatically synchronize all folders at specified intervals while you're online, select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every [x] minutes check box, and then enter a number between 1 and 1440.
To synchronize all folders after every online Microsoft Outlook session, select the Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting check box.
Set up offline synchronization

Under When Outlook is offline, select the check boxes that you want:
To automatically synchronize all folders at specified intervals while you're online, select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every [x] minutes check box, and then enter a number between 1 and 1440

hanmatjac,
I assume you are using Exchange? If so, try using cached mode. Right click the outlook icon, properties, email accounts, view or change existing email accounts, click change your exchange account, select to use cached mode. That should select everything to work off-line. It's one of the main new features of Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back