Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 starts and then closes imediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartinfo

Technical User
Jun 1, 2003
US
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 from outlook 2002. Things seem to run fine for a few hours. I then rebooted and when I try to open outlook it starts for a split second, I see my folders and inbox and then it just closes completely. THe task tray icon appears and then disappears as well. There is no error mesg. or anything. When I logged off and logged back in as a different user it seemed to open again. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks,
-Andre

Perhaps a corrupted pst file? Rename it, start Outlook, if it starts, import all the data from the renamed pst file.

Nope the PST file is fine. I had Norton AV 2004 running with office XP 2002. I upgraded to office XP 2003 (outlook 2003). I disabled autoprotect during the upgrade and re-enabled it after. If I turn off e-mail scanning the inbox seems to open. I can then turn on e-mail scanning and all is well. However when I close outlook 2003 I cannot seem to re-open it as my inbox appears for a split second and then the program closes - no error mesg or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back