Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2003 Rules Puzzler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a interesting problem here

I am logged onto a XP PRO SP2 PC running Outlook 2003 & exchange server 2003

And i have multiple email inboxs open that i monitor on a hour by hour basis.

I am trying to get rules to work on these other inbox's

On my main inbox which is Murray the rules work fine ... automatically as soon as email arrives it is sent ...

My user name is murray

On the other inboxes that i monitor for absent users i am trying to get these rules to run automatically with no joy what so ever. Any body got any ideas or work around ... the only way i can get these to run is to run the rules manually which is pointless!!!!!

basically i have the following rule

When email arrives into customer care with Return of overs in subject line and samplename@domain.com in body i want to forward it to the relevant user.

This is becoming frustrating and going mad .....

regards

Rdrunner40

I don't really know much about Exchange so this could be completely wrong, but are you sure the rules are set to run against the right mailboxes on the server - or are they set to run on your machine?

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Hi,

I dont want them to run on the Server in Exchange i only want the rules to run on MY PC and only when my PC is on.

I dont really know enough about exchange 2003 and if it aint broke then dont play ....

at least on my PC if i break it - it only effects me !

regards

rdrunner40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back