Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 - Reported errors 0x800CC0F & Logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekquest

Vendor
Feb 1, 2003
AU
Hi all,

I have been trying to get some email addresses working in outlook 2003 via pop3.

When configured in outlook 2003, I try to send a test email and I get the error:

"send test email message: outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail server (SMTP). The problem could be the server name, your server may require authentication, or your server may not support SSL. Verify authentication and SSL options under more settings".

When trying to receieve:

"task 'mail.incoming servername.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Any ideas as to why? its and ADSL connection using an Alcatel speedtouch 530, do I need to enable ports 110 / 25 ??

I can receive / send messages without error on friends pcs in a different location...

Thanks for reading, input would be greatly appreciated.

Luke.

Try this security update from microsoft Q331320_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.ex*

Thanks heaps, I checked my outgoing smtp server (needed to be the ADSL provider's).

I have also applied the security patch from Microsoft.

Thanks so much,

Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back