Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Profile changes in bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanr64

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2008
US
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes:

Here at the company I work for we have two exchange servers, one in production and one for Disaster Recovery. The question I have is that if we have to switch everyone's mailbox to the disaster recovery server and the production server is no longer available, how can I change all of the outlook profiles (~1000 accounts) to access the new mailbox server without having to touch every single desktop?

You could do it thru the Office Resource Kit or I am guessing but you may be able to do it via a login script (reg change?).

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Have a look here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook

to see if there is anything in there about the exchange server, if there is then you can use the login script method to push it out fairly easily.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back