Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 - Printing Sent Mail Without Tracking Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakatz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
A user just approached me, showing me a "Sent Mail" item he wanted to print. By default, this user sends ALL emails with requests for receipt (delivery AND read receipts.)

He showed me the printout from one of his sent mail items which included the tracking / receipt information for each of the recipients -- after the header, but before the message text.

I went to his machine and realized that although he sends EVERY message with receipt requests, most (but not all), apparently had a "Tracking" tab when you open the message (as opposed to just previewing it.)

NOTE that when you open the sent mail item, the tracking information does NOT appear in the text of the original message, but in a seperate tab as a part of the message.

This user is looking to print the sent message WITHOUT the tracking data appearing in the message, but neither he nor I could figure out how this was done. I imagine it is possible since the message text is on a seperate tab, but do not see how.

Also, why is it that NOT every message has the "Tracking" tab in his sent mail, even though, by default, his messages are going out with "receipt requests" turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back