Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 (pasting and sending emails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airwolf3103

Technical User
Apr 14, 2006
GB
Hi. I have a few queries which have "built up" which I can't seem to get resolved. 2 of these are to do with the title header, and I'm wondering if anyone could help...

When I copy anything and then open Outlook to paste it into an email, I sometimes get an icon, rather than the info I copied.

If I then re-copy the info and paste it into the open "create mail" page that is open, the whole of the text is pasted correctly.

What is this icon and how do I stop it coming, as I want the copied data to paste first time.

The icon can be found here...
Also, on the in-laws PC. Pc is on a network so the other PCs can send/receive emails. The main one can only receive emails, but can't send them. They don't go in the outbox, (as far as I can gather - they live 120 miles away) and no error messages are given. Something similar happened a while ago where there was an error message - it ended up being to do with NIS 2006 that was installed. Any suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back