Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 outgoing meeting requests off an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlc9

MIS
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have a user that sends external Outlook meeting requests, and when SOME recipients get and accept them, it schedules on the receiver's side as an hour off. The recipt of acception also comes back to my user as an hour off. Thus, people that are getting these requests, are missing the meeting by an hour.

My user is completely up to date on DST updates. Both network time and time zone are correct, as are the Calendar Time and time zone within the Outlook options. I have been chalking it up to something being wrong on the recipients side, but it appears to be happening more and more.

Other users in my organization send meeting requests and recipients get them just fine. Could the problem be on my side? With just the one user? Thanks in advance.

It sounds like either the recipients time/date/DST is off or perhaps THEIR email server is not updated or set right for time/date/DST. In most cases, they wouldn't notice the discrepancy but a meeting request would make it apparent. If you check the outgoing request on YOUR server and the time is correct, then that pretty much locks in that the problem is on their end (since the receipt comes back wrong.) I know that, while many places updated for the change in the fall, and it seemed to work, there were still snags when the OLD DST change kicked in this spring. My VCR, for example, was wrong by an hour for most of the first day until something kicked in with my cable TV company's system. Hope this helps.

How can I check the outgoing request of the individual user on the Exchange server? Somewhere in System Manger, I suppose?

strange thought...are they setting these up via their phone email?

User is not originating the meeting requests from a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back