Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 on PS4 Desktop Shortcut needed (PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello everyone!

I am publishing a desktop using 2003 Server SP1 and PS4

My users do not have a shortcut on their desktop for Outlook 2003... and I need to give them one...

I am redirecting their desktop from:

\\apxcluster\tsprofiles$\%username%\Desktop

Outlook 2003 is installed on the M: drive..

Any suggestions???

Many thanks!!
Brandon

dont do it as a desktop shortcut ( you open yourself up to loads of abuse )

publish the application in web interface for 1 click access

Thanks for the suggestion... we've always given our users this on a published desktop. The problem is that after migrating all my servers (20 +) to PS4 / Windows 2003 Server- There is no longer a shortcut..

I tried a vb script; and ultimately ended up with a bat file that used xcopy to give them this shortcut...

Thanks!
Brandon

Thanks Patrick-

The reason I can't do that is because we use folder redirecton for Desktop (and my docs, and Start menu)...

Thanks anyways....~!

Brandon

This reminds me of a shortcut issue we are having. Going from an antequated system where DT apps are installed locally and launching data files associates with the local appl.
Now Its a Citrix P.Manager window with apps remotely on a server and ONLY a viewer on local PC. We need the easy access to data files (mostly WORD)on the remote server using some kind of shortcut on D Top (other than many shortcuts to many files. The current setup lets users open files with an icon click which launches the associated local APPL like Word. Not so with the Citrixed environment where the local viewer launches

Ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back