Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Notes folder exists but is not displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelis26

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am using outlook 2003, but the notes folder is not visible. I can go to file/open/other user's folder/then type in my name and select notes, this will then show me the notes. But the notes icon is not displayed in the all folder view or mail view.

I have opened the notes folder as above, checked properties and have disabled then re-enabled "Automatically generate MS exchange view" but this did not resolve the problem. I have done the above even after restarting.

Office has been uninstalled and then reinstalled on the machine, but this did not work either. Detect and repair did not resolve the fault.

If i try to create a new folder in my mailbox called Notes, I get "a folder with this name already exists. Please use another name". So this proves the folder exists but I still can not see the icon.

I can display the icon on navigation pane, but when you click on this it simply goes to just the notes folder in general.

Help.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back