Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 not showing email delivered by Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondsc

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
US
We have Exchange 2003 SP2. Our users all have Outlook 2003. We have certain emails that arrived within a certain time frame this afternoon that were received by our Exchange server and the logs show that these emails were delivered locally to each user. However, these emails do not show up on any of the users' local Outlook inboxes. After I shutdown and restarted the server hosting Exchange, new emails began arriving and they show up in the users' local Outlook inboxes. The emails that did not show up before the restart still do not show up. First: Has anyone experienced this before and do you know why it happened? Second: Is there any way I can make these emails show up in the local users' inboxes now? I have tried removing the email account from Outlook and adding the account back in but this didn't work. Third: Once an email is delivered to a local store, doesn't it remain on the server? If I setup a new computer for an existing user, the user's email repopulates Outlook when I add the Exchange account back into Outlook. If this is the case, is there any way I can make Exchange "redeliver" the missing emails to the local store? Thanks.

Actually, I went back to OWA and found the missing emails in the sync issues folder. I can move the emails from there to my inbox and they show up. What would cause these sync issues and is there a way to have Exchange notify me when they occur? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back