Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 no longer displays HTML messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

meekrob

MIS
Feb 13, 2002
US
I have a client who frequently uses outlook to send an HTML newsletter. Others receive the newsletter just fine, but when she sends it to herself the images do not display and all the HTML formatting is stripped.

It's possible that this problem began after upgrading to IE7, but I'm not certain.

I've tried the obvious, setting the options to HTML, making sure image restrictions are off... but I must be missing something.

Any ideas?

She didn't set Outlook to only view messages in Plain Text, did she?

What happens when she views it in OWA?

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

No it's set to HTML. The server is POP so OWA and Exchange don't factor in. The problem is definitely client side. I can view the message properly using other Outlook 2003 clients in the office and with Gmail. I can forward the message from her Outlook to other clients, and it renders properly in that case too ...

I figured this was the result of an automatic update, but if nobody else is encountering this, maybe it's time to reinstall.

Thanks!

No it's set to HTML.

No it's not. You can't set it to READ in HTML. Only CREATE.

Tools>Options>Email Options>Read all standard mail in plain text

Make sure it's not checked.

Don't reinstall. Detect & Repair.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back