Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 meeting invite changes time 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skanrey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
US
We have been seeing invites come over with start times and once the invites are accepted it logs it into the local user calendar and changes the time forward by one hour. I checked all local systems to insure time zone and daylight savings are set correctly as well as the server. I wasn't able to find the time server setting inside the exchange server GUI interface.

There are PC time zone settings and Outlook time zone settings. Also, there are DST patches that need to be applied to adjust for the change in DST dates that Congress enacted.

I'd say, somewhere, you have a DST issue.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

I would agree that this appears to be DST related. Yet I have downloaded and verified the installation of all DST patches out there for client and server OS's. I am not very versed with the Exchange server as we just launched that last year and haven't had many issues to warrant serious digging into admin manuals for that. I would say that it would fall back to the exchange server calendar section of the software as all other time related issues are working fine.

Mike

...once the invites are accepted it logs it into the local user calendar and changes the time forward by one hour.

This sounds like the issue may be with Outlook. Assuming OUtlook 2003 check in Tools ->Options, click on Calendar Options and then on Time Zone... and make sure that time zone is correct and that the check box next to "Adjust for daylight saving time" is checked.

Cheers.

All clients on system have been checked for DST patches and Outlook time zone settings. Internally, we have no time discrepancies but only when we receive from outside the network. I have to say that the issue lies with the Exchange server as it is interpreting the incoming information.
Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Are these invites coming from one particular domain/network/user outside of your network? Is it possible that the person(s) sending the invites has an unpatched Exchange server/workstation/Outlook client?

Cheers.

I have resolved the issue. Thanks everybody for the help.
It turned out that after checking the DST patches on our Exchange server that listed KB926666 as being installed I found a newer version KB926666-v2-x86-ENU was available and solved the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back