Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 html email signature image gets badly compressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanMortimer

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2008
Hi,

We have a standard company email signature that works fine, it has the company logo in it which comes through fine. I have had to create a slightly different email signature with a different logo in it and this logo gets compressed at a ridiculous rate such that it looks awful when received, but fine when editing the email signature or sending an email with it attached.

I have gone to picture settings and the compress setting there, tried all sorts of combinations both in the signature editor (using Advanced editor, Word) and when composing an email (Format the signature picture by right-click menu). It always comes out the same.

It seems that any settings I make are totally ignored and every time I go back I find that they are reset. The setings are exactly the same for the original company logo (compression is on) but it always appears fine. Why would this be the case? Is it down to the structure of the image? I cannot change the image. I have tried various formats though - GIF, JPG, BMP, PNG, compressed, uncompressed, optimized, unoptimized... always the same result. It is clear that some part of the Microsoft Machine is converting the image to JPG (or similar) as I have even tried a pure bitmap which should leave no room for compression artefacts.

This is very frustrating! Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back