Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 hangs accessing inbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDennis

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
GB
Windows XP with Office 2003

I had a crash when downloading large mail items from the pop server. The result is that now when I try to open the inbox Outlook just hangs. All the other folders are OK. I guess I have an inbox corruption and I have run scanpst.exe which said it found errors and corrected them but has made no difference - Outlook still hangs. I could sacrifice the contents of the inbox and delete it if there was no other option but I'm not sure of the best method to do this.
Any suggestions for getting out of the mess - preferably without loosing the inbox mail?

Thanks for your time

John

Create a new profile and start over. Then add in your old PST file to the configuration and grab all the old mail.

Thanks for your suggestion I have done as you say but left off the old inbox contents - I can do without the few mail messages in there and I can also do without the hassle if the corruption transfers. Up and running again. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back