Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 freezes when sending PDF attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junbron

Technical User
Mar 5, 2012
NZ
I am the network admin, and several users are reporting that Outlook 2003 freezes when sending PDF attachments. It started with just one user, but now I have about 10 that are reporting the problem. There could be more, but they are not reporting it. When they send an e-mail with a PDF attachment, the whole machine freezes, and they have to end task until Outlook closes in order to get their machine back. Sometimes they can get it to through after end tasking, but other times, it just won't go without freezing the machine again. I have deleted the Office suite and reinstalled on several of them, and it does not help.

You copied and pasted the problem from 2008 on TechRepublic OR you are still having the problem OR you are up to something??????:

Exact same verbiage posted here. Verbatim. Strange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You left out a HUGE detail. Exchange server or stand-alone Outlook connecting to ISP.
Confirm that OTHER attachments go through without hanging Outlook as well.

Try cleaning out temp files with CCleaner, rebooting and trying again just for the heck of it.

yup exacly the same issue eh...
cant be bother writing them down again which it exactly the same issue..
Tried uninstall and reinstall office and adobe.. and still the same issue..

So we can infer that you are not up to anything, just a bit lazy, but that's no crime. Did you try my suggestions above and answer my two questions?

Reply and do as Goomba states as that info and CCleaner could lead to the answer.

You dont state what Adobe you are using? If Acrobat and Reader are installed, which is handling the task as main PDF? I have to ask, are you using a hacked version of Acrobat or Office as I have seen an issue very similar to that on someone's PC outside of work.....

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back