Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 deleted drafts change status of original email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgulero

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2003
NL
Hello all,

I have a question regarding Outlook 2003 and the autosave functionality in combination with answering emails:
Let´s say I receive an email, and hit the reply button. autosave saves a draft, but if I delete the draft without sending the reply, the original mail gets a pictogram indicating that an answer has been sent. I wonder if this is the normal behaviour, or if I can change it. Obviously I could turn off autosave, but it is quite a useful and safe option...
Thanks for your help in advance !

Naz

This is a procedural glitch, as in step order as soom as you generate the reply routine it is flaged as a reply instead of waiting until you actually send the reply.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Hello,

thanks for your quick answer, I appreciate it. So I assume there is no way to 'delay' the reply flag until the email is actually sent ?

Naz

Not one that is documented, as a result Ido not knoe of one,

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back