Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 data files

Status
Not open for further replies.

siqbal75

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2005
US
Hello,

Does anyone know how can I convert existing .pst from old outlook 2000 to new outlook 2003 without having to re-create a fresh .pst file for outlook 2003 and then manually move the date from old pst to new pst file. Is there a quicker way of achieving this issue. The reason I wanted to use new pst in outlook 2003 due to bigger size for pst file.

Thanks..

When you import a .pst file that was created with Outlook 2000 into Outlook 2003, does that not do what you want? I would think that 2003 would do this automatically. Or am I missing something?

kjv,

No, outlook 2003 by default WOULD'NT convert the format of pst file from outlook 2000 to 2003 (trust me, I use to think same way, but I have learned this the hard way now). Thats what my thread was about asking if there is something in outlook 2003 that would do this transition from 2000 pst to 2003 without having to re-create a fresh and then manually dump your data from old 2000 pst to 2003.

Any susggestions...?

Well, sorry, that's not something I've done in a while. I did it before with no problems - exported the .pst file from 2000, and imported into 2003 - no hickups whatsoever. So, sorry didn't work for you.

However, I did come accross this thread (different website) that gave a couple other ideas, one is to export to a .csv file. Sounds like this works unless you have distribution lists, which there sounds like there is another option there for that as well.
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/2624.html[/url]

Thanks for your help KJV. I guess I am gonna have to do this the hard way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back