Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 - Cannot send mail for some users

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbied69

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2006
GB
I have a wierd problem here whereby some users cannot send out emails and some can. We recently switched from one ISP to another as we were moving office. We have now had our old line re-routed to our new office so we have our old ISP back. Whilst with the other provider we had to change our SMTP settings to send out mail. Since we have changed back I have put everyone's SMTP settings back to what they were previously. Mine and a few others work perfectly whereas other's don't. Everyone's settings are now the same.

Can someone help me as I'm getting a lot of grief from people at work.

Apologies, we do get some error messages when these send:

sending and receiving reported error (0x8004210B): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)

Thanks

Have you tried rebooting the affected systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back