Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakatz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
Am I correct in what I have been reading . . .

1) Business Contact Manager (BCM) for Outlook 2003 is in fact a single-user product not meant to be used in as part of a shared multi-user environment?

2) The BCM for Outlook 2003, although being a single-user product, can now (perhaps with an additional update from Microsoft), can be shared by that user, but not in the same fashion as an ACT! database would otherwise be available to a workgroup? And is this "share" of the users BCM similar in manner to the "sharing" or "delegating" of a particular users "inbox", "calendar", etc. as it currently exists?

3) Would a Public Folder in Exchange, perhaps be a better solution to sharing customer data, calendars, etc. vs. using a "shared" BCM? I realize that the BCM adds addtional features not otherwise available in a shared Outlook 2003 BCM, but in order to share general contact information, calendars, notes, etc., do you beleive public folders can be a worthy alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back