Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 avoid Junk Mail in Unread Folder; Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGL72

MIS
Jul 2, 2001
US
I am using outlook 2003. Does anyone know if you can make the unread folder NOT COUNT, and NOT SHOW any messages that end up in the Junk E-Mail Folder?

My outlook system usually catches SPAM, but I use the unread folder to jump right to my new email sometimes. Makes it tough to navigate all the SPAM that gets listed in there when they are in the Junk E-Mail folder already.

Also, I remember a while ago, and I dont remember where, a way to make the outlook listing in the task bar dissapear when you minimized it but it would remain as an icon in the right bottom task bar when you needed to bring it back. Anyone know how to make that happen?

Thanks!

1) My outlook 2003 sp1 doesnt include unread emails in Junk E-mail when clicking on the "Unread Mail" favourite.
It doesnt include Drafts or Deleted Items either.

2) Right-click the task bar icon and select hide when minimized.

Thanks for the help, hide when minimized did the trick. Still wondering on the unread mail thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back