Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 archiving and moving mails problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wish01

MIS
Feb 24, 2004
US
Hi all,
I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows NT environment. Exchange Server 5.5 and Norton Antivirus for Exchange.
I am trying to have people to reduce their mail boxes size using Autoarchive. But I keep getting the message: Error synchronizing folder. "The item is currently being scanned for viruses. Try again in a few moments".
Also, when moving manually mails to a personal folder I get this error: "Can't move the items. The Items could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied". I have checked for this last error and can happen when moving more than 400 mails at the time or the PST file reached the 2GB limit. This is NOT the case here.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
George

Wish01,
If you are getting a Norton issue scanning your email then it is probably scanning your priv.edb. Norton should never scan any database file because it may corrupt it. Then you lose every email. You need to set up your priv and pub in the exception for a scan.

Not being able to move the items to a .pst is because your Outlook has not updated with the exchange server. What you can do is move your mailbox to another exchange server and then move it back. This will perform a mini defrag on the mailbox and then you will be able to move all emails at once. I have found this to be the only answer for this.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

DestinyDream,
Thank you for answering.
There isn’t any Exception Option where to remove .edb database files from scanning in Norton Exchange.
I can see that, on Norton Corporate, but .edb files are not in the list. Meaning, they are not scanned.
Any more ideas out there.
Thanks

DestinyDream, thanks for the tip.
I removed completely Norton Corporate and the problem continued. Finally, I found that the problem was related with Norton Antivirus for Exchange.
These links explain why and what to do:

Cheers, George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back