Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 access and Cached Credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebadge

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
GB
Can anyone help with a problem we have with remote users accessing exchange through a vpn tunnel using outlook 2003.

The problem appears to be when logging on using cached credentials, using a domain profile. Once I have logged in and created the VPN tunnel, I cannot access any network resources or connect to Exchange 2003 using outlook. Outlook just disconnects, although there is traffic through the tunnel. I have followed Microsoft KB270836 and KB298369 regarding static mapped ports and have updated the server accordingly and allowed the specified ports on the firewall. At this point I am able to use OWA and VNC to the servers fine.

Since then I have created a local account on the machine using the same user credentials as the domain account and logged on locally. NOW I can access outlook fine and any shared network resource as well, so I cannot see a problem with the VPN tunnel or port settings.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I really do not want to go around having to create multiple profiles on machines located around the country.

thanks the_Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back