Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003/2007 - how to create custom actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
Hi all

I want to create a rule that says if a message meets certain criteria, do not download it. There's no "built in" action to do this so I guess I have to create a custom action - but how do I do this? What language do they have to be written in and how can I "install" them so they appear in the drop down menu ?

Thanks in advance

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Irish Poetry and Short Stories - Doghouse Books
Garten und Landschaftsbau

Technically, outlook has to download everything in order for it to run a rule on it. Therefore, you would have to do this server side if you have access.

If you have an email that is on your own domain name, chances are you have a hosting control panel to edit the mail settings. Control panels can defer from host to host, you you would need to contact their support department

If you are using gmail, yahoo(using ypop), hotmail or something similar you may have some email filtering options, but would have to login at the actually website that hosts your email to make these changes.

In outlook, you can set rules by going to 'tools' and then down to 'rules and alerts'. You can then filter have it fulter the emails to the deleted items folder or a spam folder.

If you have spam issues, a good program is spam fighter.

Greg Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back