Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002/XP Contacts Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prempal

Technical User
Nov 28, 2003
GB
I have an interesting issue with Outlook 2002/XP. When creating a new email, I click on the 'To' box, it opens up the 'Select Names' window. From here, I change the address book to the Contacts folder in the Outlook Address Book (OAB) and then click on the 'Find' button in the bottom right corner of this window. When I enter search criteria and press find, I get the following error message

"'The search could not be completed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Help."

Outlook is opening up a mailbox from an Exchange 5.5 server running on a Windows 2000 server.

I have updated Office and Windows but no luck. Have removed the Contacts folder from the OAB with no luck. Have removed the OAB and readded it but still get the same message.

Checked the Microsoft site and Google Groups but I have tried everything they have advised with no results.

Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back