Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 / Windows XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriswoo

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
GB
Not sure if the problem is Outlook or XP itself so i'll try posting it on this board first.

When in Outlook 2002 occasionally the Inbox shows as having new unread items but the new items do not appear as messages until you press send and receive. Obviously this potentially leads to missing important messages until such times as you realise they are there.

The OS is XP SP2 with all updates and Office updates. This is also difficult to re-create as it doesn't happen all the time. The send and receive period is set at 5 minutes.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Try making an exclusion for Outlook 2K2 in windows firewall.

Cheers.

This does not answer your question, but I would recommend Mozilla Thunderbird as a alternative to your current e-mail client. This is a good alternative as long as you don't need calendar functionality.

I've seen this before, it's an outlook bug that I never did find an answer for. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling or checking for available MS patches?

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back