Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002/Vista sync email problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybt28

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
2 machines Act 10.3, on Vista with outlook 2007 and on XP with outlook 2002. were working fine for 2 months. Problem now with email attachment in history on XP machine after sync. XP main machines Vista is remote database. If you add email on XP machine, after sync you can open it on both machines. If you add it on the vista, after sync you cant open it in history on the XP 2002 outlook. Error message is "messaging interface has encountered an unknown error, if problem persists restart outlook". Restarting outlook does'nt make any difference. I think auto microsoft updates ran about 1 week ago on the vista machine but I cant say what they included. Cant think of anything else that would have caused the problem in possible backwards compatability between 0utlook 2007&02
Microsoft updates off on XP machine
Act support cant help. have run detect and repair on outlook 2002 nothing found.
Any suggestions please.
Regards
LadyBT28

Hi Mike, you helped me once before. My post has listed me as a tech user but in fact I am only a humble but experienced (some not so pleasant!) act user. Any ideas how to restore this compatibility or which particular update of the many which they run automatically could be excluded from the list?
ladyBT28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back