Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 /utlook 2000/exchange 5.5 - missing bits of messages!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytemrk

MIS
Jul 17, 2001
AU
I have clients using outlook 2000 to access email via an Exchange 5.5 server. All seems to work well except several users are finding some mail (always sent from Outlook 2002) has the text cut off half way through... it does not appear to be size related and does not happen with all email from the Outlook 2002 clients. But every example that I have been able to find is sent by Outlook 2002 and received on Outlook 2000 with the bottom half missing!!

Any ideas? would be greatly appreciated.

bytemrk,

A couple questions to narrow it down...

Are the problem emails all from the internet or senders on the same 5.5 box?

When the problem emails are forwarded to you, do they look ok?

The problem emails seem to come both from the internet and the internal network, the senders that have the problem can on forward the mail to me and it is definitely cut off!!. The only common thing I can lock down is that they are coming from Outlook 2002 clients and read on outlook 2000 clients.. Most of my internet network use Outlook 2000 . I have examples where a message was sent from a 2002 client to 3 recipients - 2 recieved ok.. but the third was cut off!... really weird... I am at a lose to explain what I am seeing...

bytmrk,

If you can recreate the problem, it should help you analyze the cause. Here are some thoughts...

Are the truncated messages all the same size? If so what size? Does it include attachements? Some PDA software autotruncates message text. Are there any PDAs about?

What is the format of the bad messages? HTML,TEXT,RTF?
If the problem is isolated to a single format, use a different one.

QOTD:Computers never make mistakes they are only given bad instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back