Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002/Time/date stamps change

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvergonet

MIS
May 11, 2001
US
The following is an email, I recieved. A little forground, The system is a laptop, XP Pro (current udates), Office XP Pro (current updates), connecting to exchange 2000 via POP only. Connecting to SendMail via IMAP.

"My outlook sometimes gets into a state where it resorts unread messages when they are first read. When I click on a message that came the prior day the date changes to current time and it jumps to the top of the list. This makes it exceedingly difficult to catch up on a block of old emails and to know the actual receipt time of the email. Please investigate this Outlook bug in hopes of finding a fix.

BTW, I have installed all office related updates.

(Name removed) CTO"

((I do want to keep my job))

Anyone seen this before or have a clue as to what KEYWORDS I would research under?
Thanks For Listening.

Know what I would do?

Close Outlook.

Start-Run
outlook.exe /cleanviews

I'm convinced they've got some funky column in their view and they're sorting by it, but I don't think it's the "received date" column....got my drift?

Running the /cleanviews will clear that user's views completely back to default. Anne Troy

I would think that also. But when you actually see the date and time recieved change, it kind of makes you think again. It actually changed from recieved to current and the msg went to top the list being sorted on recieved. Guess I will have to look more close at exactly what he has selected and where. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back