Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 SP2 read receipt auto sent even when turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonng

MIS
Feb 16, 2003
AU
everytime when my boss send me an email, he will request a read receipt. few days ago i just went crazy and went to check the auto send and never ask me about this again option, and i am still regretting it now. Since then, no matter what i do in the tracking options, the read receipt is starting to send automatically to all those who request, even when i chose the option said never send any.

this problem get worse when i start to receive some virus email, those claimed to be from microsoft and sent me attachment of their so called patch to the hole. whenever i receive these emails, my outlook will automatically send the read receipt, and obviously, these emails will never use a real reply-to address. so my read receive ended up jamming in my exchange server and i have to go to my web based email to delete them manually so that i wont see any error mesg when try to send new emails. this is really give me headache now as i receive these 'microsoft emails' everyday.

is there anyway i can block sending any read receipt except to my boss? i know the option setting in tools, email option, tracking option. it just dont work for me. help anyone??

thanks!

I noticed that seems like my email is auto reply to these spam mails, anyone know why is this so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back