Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 "leave mail on server" where is that option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron2k3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
PT
Im using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP.... i searched like mad the option to leave the mail on the server, that is in Exchange 5.5.

well, i couldn't find that option anywhere in Outlook.

anyone have a good idea? :) help :)

/Tron

You not talking about Draft, do you ?

Tron2k3,
Not sure that there is one.
You didn't happen to just upgrade from Outlook 2000 and during setup export your inbox to your c: drive?
tav

Tron2k3,

The option to leave messages on the server is only available for Internet mail, so you won't find it anywhere if you are set up to use Exchange Server.

Outlook isn't actually storing your email messages - Exchange is taking care of that. So, in fact all your messages are being left on the server (unless you archive your mail periodically, in which case it gets moved to a .pst file).

Hope that helps,

Charlotte

Tools, either Services or Accounts, and there should be something in the advanced tab. (I'm working off of a 2000 outlook, but I know it's on there)

-= Beer is food! Is it suppertime? =-
If ya like the info on the posts - rate them helpful!

Daveyboy2,
It's there in Exchange, I agree with LeCras, it's defaulted to the server, unless your using Outlook Express or internet mail.
Tron2k3,
Did we loose you? Tell us why your looking for this? What kind of problem are you experiencing?
tav

yes. Exchange server stores the messages on the server. On Outlook there is not a option for leave messages on server if we are using Exchange...

well, thanks for the help :)

/Tron

Ah, missed that exchange 5.5 thing. Sorry! :)

-= Beer is food! Is it suppertime? =-
If ya like the info on the posts - rate them helpful!

I have a problem with Outlook XP connected to Exchange 2000 server.
On 2 portable computers Outlook doesn't leave mail in the inbox.
All other boxes are left as they ara.
Any suggestion?

cnesko, you should create your post as a new question....not added as part of another thread. Look at your settings in outlook. You should have them setup as portable or with offline services enabled. You may need to resetup mail services to allow for this. When the laptops are to be taken off the network they need to be synchronized prior to shut off. Then your users will see their mail when not connected to the server.

Hello, I am having a similar problem. I have some version of MS Outlook Express (sorry don't know the version of it, it is for a friend) and have set up hotmail emails to go through it.

I want to delete the emails that are on the hotmail server. I know I need to go to the advanced option under the account-> properties, and hit the advanced tab, then untick the "leave copy on server" checkbox.

However, (and this is the question!) I haven't got an advanced tab! It is simply not there, not deactivated, but not there. Does anyone know how to "turn this feature on"?

Please help. I can't find anything on the web about it!

Cheers,

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back