Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002: How to update the "reply to" address list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesand

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
AL
In outlook you can have the "reply to" address listed automatically in your address book whenever you reply to a sender. Then you can simply start to type in the address for a subsequent email and it will show an autocomplete list for all the entries in the "reply to" database which match the first three characters in your outgoing address line. The question is how to get access to the data base/address book where such entries are kept. Some I want to delete, or change but I cannot find any way to look them up. I am not talking about entries in the regular address book or contact list. There is a special file where these addresses are kept, but I cannot find it. Anybody out there know how to access the list?

I don't know where they are actually cached but you can delete them right from the dropdown itself. When you type the first three letters, and the drop-down of choices appear, use the down arrow to select the bad entry and hit the delete key. It will no longer be in the list. To change one, you'd delete it and then put it back in by typing the correct one without making an alterate choice. Hope this helps. Michael
BASD IS/IT Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back